Purchasing any used iPhone might create several issues like inability of activating the gadget on the carrier’s network. It is due to iPhone needs someone else’s Apple account, and it shall not get activated without it. If you are facing a similar situation, then we will help you out.
Want to Know about Activation Lock?
It can be possible that a user may not be able to activate the iPhone due to the feature Find My iPhone service known as Activation Lock of Apple. An Activation Lock is a way of security which Apple included for dealing with the stealing of the iPhone. Earlier before the introduction of Activation Lock, if any thieve did steal any iPhone was not caught and sold it without difficulty. Luckily, the presence of Activation Lock has changed this thing.
The servers shall only activate the iPhone if the correct Apple ID has been put on the iPhone.
Deleting Activation Lock with iCloud
- Firstly, visit iCloud.com on whichever device you want.
Remember: If you are visiting iCloud.com on the iOS device and have got ‘Find My iPhone’ installed, then you shall be able to view an option of ‘Open Find My iPhone’. Press on that for moving further.
- Log-in by using the Apple ID, which helped for activating the iPhone.
- Then, press on Find iPhone.
- After that, tap on All Devices.
- Next, tap on the iPhone which has been sold to you.
- After that, tap on the ‘i’ symbol for viewing the information.
- Then, tap on Remove from Account.
- Note that the present owner requires having the previous device owner Erase the phone first of all.
- Lastly, you need to restart your iPhone.
Erasing an iPhone with iCloud
- Firstly, visit iCloud.com/#find.
- Then, log-in by using the Apple ID that the previous owner used on the device.
- Next, tap on All Devices.
- After that, choose the iPhone, which the previous owner sold you.
- Then, tap on Erase iPhone.
- Whenever the iPhone is cleared, tap on Remove from Account.
- Next, you need to restart your iPhone.
Using the ‘Find My iPhone’ application
- Firstly, go to Find My iPhone application.
- Then, log in by using the Apple ID the previous user used.
- Next, choose the device that has been sold to you.
- After that, click on Erase iPhone option.
- Then, click on Erase iPhone.
- Next, put the Apple ID of theirs.
- After that, click on the Erase option.
- Then, press on Remove from Account option.
- Lastly, you need to restart the iPhone device.
Ava Williams is a McAfee product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Ava has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate.