Established over three decades ago, McAfee has become one amongst the biggest cybersecurity giants across the world. It manufactures and sells an array of consumer and business antivirus products. McAfee security products have along with a range of features such as virus blocking, browsing protection, file shredder, PC optimizer, etc. They are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iPhones, and iPad. The interface is easy to navigate and simplistic. To get this, you need to redeem the product at mcafee.com/activate, and then download the McAfee setup.
Here are some instructions that you must adhere to before you set up your McAfee antivirus:
- You should bear in mind that before you proceed with any of the steps listed below, create a restore point and enable system protection on your computer. You should also back up all the data since safety should be the first priority.
- Uninstall any older McAfee security suite or any different antivirus software before you install the new McAfee setup.
- For removing any McAfee product, you need to download and run the MCPR or McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool.
- Now, restart the computer and ensure that the conflict causing program has been removed.
- After this, you can turn off Windows Defender.
Proceed with the setup process of McAfee.
How to Download and Install McAfee Setup on Windows PC and Mac?
Here are the steps you need to follow for downloading and installing McAfee online:
- Firstly, go to www.mcafee.com/activate.
- Enter the code and proceed to the log in screen.
- In case you are already a McAfee account holder, then enter the email ID for the McAfee account.
- After that, enter the password for the McAfee account.
- Now, press the Log in button.
- Those who have not made a McAfee account yet, need to go to the Register Now option.
- Enter the name, phone number, password, and other details.
- Press the Log In button.
- Now, choose the kind of device you wish to install McAfee to.
- Then select the McAfee product you wish to install.
- Now, press the Download button.
- Go through the License Agreement.
- Agree to the agreement.
If you have a McAfee setup disk, then follow these steps:
- Pop the McAfee setup disk into the CD slot.
- Now, allow the installer to run automatically. In case it doesn’t, then you need to run the file named Setup.exe from the disk.
- Go through the End User License Agreement.
- Click on Agree.
- The installation will begin, and you shall be prompted for the input.
- In case the internet browser and the operating system are not supported variant of the McAfee security suite on the disk, then the installation procedure shall automatically download the latest variant of the McAfee antivirus. The download needs stable net connectivity, and its speed depends on how fast or slow the connection is.
- For installation, users will get the option to download and install the setup online or to download and install the most recent version of the McAfee product from the internet.
- When the prompt appears, enter the code.
- Now, you will have to enter the McAfee account username and password.
- In case you do not have one, then you can make it.
- Enter all the required details and click on Continue.
- Follow all the prompts on the screen.
- Click on the Finish button.
How to redeem and activate McAfee subscription?
Follow the steps given below to activate McAfee setup:
- Go to the web browser.
- Open the weblink mentioned on the retail card, such as mcafee.com/activate.
- Now, choose the country.
- Choose the language.
- Check if the region is correct.
- Enter the 25-character alphanumeric activation code.
- Enter the email address.
- Click on Submit.
- Verify the email address.
- If it is incorrect, edit it.
- Select the Verify option.
- You have successfully activated your McAfee product.